Science Festival Program released
The full program for the 2017 Universty of Melbourne Science Festival has been released, and there is an exciting line up of over 30 free events planned throughout the week. Check out the program here.
Some highlights for this year are:
- Keynote Event - Feed the World: Q&A panel and exhibition Mon 14 Aug 6.30pm - an expert panel of researchers and activists from the university and not-for-profit sectors, including OzHarvest, discussing how we might feed the world now and into the future, and answer your questions about the future of agriculture, food distribution, nutrition and consumption;
- SCINEMA: International Science Film Festival Wed 16 Aug 6.00pm - showcasing science features, shorts, documentaries, animated and experimental films from filmmakers around the world.
- Physics Laser Show Thurs 17 Aug 12.30pm - a fun packed show exploring the wonders of the world and how it all works;
- Public lectures including The Anthropocene: How humans are changing the geological behaviour of Earth Wed 16 Aug 6pm, Really Big Numbers Thurs 17 Aug 6.30pm, Electrical brain stimulation for the masses Tues 15 Aug 1.00pm, and Sex in Science Mon 14 Aug 7.00pm;
- Tours of the Tiegs Museum and Anatomy Museum;
- Lunchtime Carnival Wed 16 August 12.00pm, featuring free food, entertainment and demonstrations.
Science Festival is on Mon 14 Aug - Fri 18 Aug and is a celebration of scientific knowledge, innovation and progress. Students, staff and the general public are invited to get involved in this great event.