Careers in Information Technology are some of the most dynamic and fast changing.
Rapidly evolving technology is constantly being deployed in numerous industries to provide faster and more efficient information, communication, processes and resource management. Careers in Information Technology are in high demand and the industry is expected to grow.
Points to consider when looking at potential careers in Information Technology include:
- Look at a number of discipline areas, due to the multi-disciplinary nature of Information Technology;
- Many scientific and technological roles offer further specialised training on the job;
- Graduate entry programs offer on the job training;
- Many jobs, especially at entry level, are looking for generic skills that have been developed during your degree, rather than particular scientific knowledge;
- Further study and qualifications may be necessary to progress your career, depending on the particular field.
Jobs in Information Technology
Software Engineers are responsible for designing and developing effective software solutions to meet client requirements. Most Software Engineers specialise in a certain area and could be responsible for working on anything from web applications and content management systems, to databases and operating systems.
Games Developers design, create and produce computer or video games. They often work in development teams with artists, programmers, producers and marketing staff. Games Developers usually specialise in a particular game platform, and a particular aspect of game development such as; programming, artificial intelligence or game-play.