Undertaking the Science and Technology Internship will enable you to gain real experience working in a science- or technology-related workplace.
What are the benefits?
Many! Students comment that they are able to:
- Identify and articulate their knowledge and skills and apply them to relevant science organisational contexts and work-settings;
- Demonstrate their scientific analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
- Understand the value of industry and professional networks and their importance to lifelong learning and career progression;
- Greater confidence in their ability to contribute to a science-related workplace, awareness of the strengths they offer to a future employer as well as areas to further develop beyond their degree.
Information session hosted by Prof Janet Hergt.
- Information for Students
- Information for Hosts
- Step by step instructions
- Organising a Placement Form
Thinking of doing the subject?
- Please complete the Expression of Interest Form
Found your placement?
Once you have secured your placement and have confirmation from your host, you can complete the online application form.
Applications are now open for Summer and Semester 1, 2017. Please apply via the Online Application and Risk Assessment Form. Due date for Summer applications are 5 December 2016. Due date for Semester 1 applications are 6 February 2017. Please note these dates will not be extended.
For Overseas Based placements we will provide you with an application form specifically for international placements. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional resources to assist you with finding a placement