A guaranteed masters + PhD pathway to fulfil your research ambitions
Are you ready for a career in research? Our Graduate Research Pathway guarantees you a place with us from masters through to your PhD.
If you’re offered a place in one of the research-focused masters courses below, with an entry score of at least 80%, you’ll also receive a conditional offer for the Doctor of Philosophy (Science) plus a guaranteed scholarship.
By securing your PhD place early on, you can focus on your masters research project and coursework subjects, then transition into a PhD without the stress of reapplying.
The following courses are eligible:
- Master of Science (Chemistry)
- Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics)
- Master of Science (Physics)
To take up this conditional offer, you just need to:
- Achieve a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 80% over your masters
- Find a PhD supervisor before starting the PhD
- Receive approval from the Head of School.
There’s no need to apply separately for the Graduate Research Pathway. When you apply for your masters, you’ll automatically receive an offer if you have an entry score of at least 80%. Look out for further information in your masters offer letter.