Undertaking this subject provides an exciting opportunity to gain direct exposure to vocational experience and professional practice in your chosen field.
What are the benefits?
Many! Students comment that they are able to:
- Identify and articulate their knowledge and skills and apply them to organisational contexts and work-settings;
- Demonstrate their analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
- Understand the value of industry and professional networks and their importance to lifelong learning and career progression;
- Greater confidence in their ability to contribute to an operating work environment, awareness of the strengths they offer to a future employer as well as areas to further develop beyond their degree.
Looking at options for your placement?
If you would like to discuss options for industry placements, please organise to meet with the subject coordinator, Mr Frederick Hellriegel (email@example.com).
Finding placement opportunities
Sourcing a placement can be a new challenge that takes time, but the experience will teach you many skills about how to search for and apply for work. Consider placement opportunities in fields you might be interested in for your career - it's a great chance to gain experience in a field you may wish to work in one day! There are a number of resources available to you to assist with this process:
- Career Conversations
- Introduction to Resumes and Cover Letters
- Careers Enquiries (one on one 15 minute review)
- Strategies for employment and internships
- What's your story
- Hour of Power: Science
Additional resources to assist you with finding a placement
- How to approach employers
- Information Interviews
- Cold Calling Guide
- Internship Cover Letter Template
- Resume Template for STEM
- Sample Interview Questions
- STAR Model
Found your placement?
Once you have secured your placement and have confirmation from your host, you can complete the online application form. Please apply via the Online Application and Risk Assessment Form.