Our regular email newsletters keep students up to date with what's happening in the Faculty of Science and around the Uni.
The Faculty of Science sends out two newsletters to students:
- BSc News is sent fortnightly during semester to undergraduate students.
- Graduate Science News is sent monthly throughout the year to graduate students.
Each newsletter contains events, workshops, scholarships, jobs, tips, opportunities, and lots more. All current students are automatically included in the mailing list.
To subscribe to the BSc or Graduate Science newsletters, please complete the subscription form.
If you are a current student, you do not need to complete this form. You will be automatically subscribed.
Submitting newsletter items
We welcome submissions from university staff.
Before submitting an item, check the schedule and submission deadlines (PDF 65.1 KB). (Note that the dates provided are indicative and subject to change.)
Submit items using the Faculty of Science newsletters submission form. Please follow these guidelines:
Submissions should be:
- No more than 75 words
- Concise, factual, and appropriate for the relevant cohort.
Do not submit items that include:
- Commercial advertising
- Promotional or sales material
- Emotive or controversial language.
Examples of suitable topics are:
- Info sessions
- Student events such as lunches/BBQs
- Services to students
- Application deadlines for scholarships or courses.
Submissions may be edited for clarity and adherence to guidelines. If a submission requires significant editing, we may ask you to rewrite the notice or provide further information.