All life depends on plants.
People use plants for food, fibre, fuel and medicines. Plants and algae are 'producer' organisms that absorb carbon dioxide, mitigating climate change. Beneficial fungi are essential for ecosystem functions by recycling material; others cause disease.
Help us support plant research
The Botany Foundation, established in 1994, supports excellence in education and research in botany addressing issues relating to the use of plants, the environment, food security and nutrition.
Your donations help:
- Support students through scholarships, awards and travel grants
- Support early career researchers in honour of Professor Jeremy Picket-Heaps
- Endow research fellowships
- Support the University Herbarium
- Support the Adrienne Clarke Chair of Botany
- The Melbourne Pollen Count
- The Women In Science of the Environment Fellowship (WISE)
- Botany Foundation Annual Report 2021 (PDF File 1.8 MB)
- Botany Foundation Annual Report 2020 (PDF File 4.6 MB)
- Botany Foundation Annual Report 2019 (PDF File 4.5 MB)
- Botany Foundation Annual Report 2018 (PDF File 1.7 MB)
- Botany Foundation Annual Report 2017 (PDF File 1.6 MB)
- Botany Foundation Annual Report 2015 (PDF File 2.5 MB)
- Botany Foundation Annual Report 2016 (PDF File 3.1 MB)
Thanks in part to forward-thinking donors, the School of BioSciences is a leader in research and education.
Ways to support the Botany Foundation
Below are the most common methods people choose to make gifts to the Botany Foundation.
Make an instant gift online using a credit card. All transactions take place over a secured connection using SSL technology to encrypt all information.Donate online
Make a donation via mail by downloading the form anytime and posting to the Botany Foundation.Download form
Gifts in Wills
Including the Botany Foundation in your will is a way of providing enduring support beyond your lifetime. Find out how your support can be acknowledged and recognised.Gifts in Wills
In memory of Jeremy Pickett-Heaps
Support an early career researcher in honour of the life and outstanding scientific achievements of the late Professor Pickett-Heaps FRS FAA.Find out more
The Botany Foundation supports an array of research areas and programs to assist students and professionals in plant science. The impact of your donations enable the School of BioSciences to provide the highest quality teaching, research and engagement with industry and community.
Find out more about the impact of your gift to the foundation.