Connecting industry and students
If you have an interest in raising the profile of your company, or sharing your expertise with up-and-coming talent, consider getting more involved via lectures, events and more.
A range of ways to connect
In addition to internships and industry projects, some possible ways to get involved are:
- Speak to students as a guest lecturer or at an industry panel/networking event: Educate students on your company, the skills you’re looking for, and how theories and skills learned at university are applied in the workforce.
- Organise workplace visits: Allow students a first-hand insight into the operating environments they aspire to work in after graduation.
- Recruit university students: Promote your opportunity to the highest calibre of students and graduates, including targeting specific candidates. There is no charge for employers to advertise with us directly on Careers Online.
- Provide support for prizes and scholarships: Financial support of prizes can give your brand a boost among future potential employees.
- Act as a mentor: Challenge, motivate, inspire and empower the next generation of science and engineering students by participating in informal meetings with students. Find more about our mentoring programs below, or get in contact to discuss other ways to mentor students in your industry.
Dookie Mentoring Program
If you're an industry professional in the Greater Shepparton, Benalla and Wangaratta region, we'd love for you to help our Bachelor of Agriculture students learn about the local industry and the opportunities available to young people studying agriculture.
Graduate mentoring in agriculture and food
Help Masters students studying agriculture and food to develop a greater understanding of the Australian agriculture sector and food industry through connecting with industry experts like yourself.
Interested in discussing a way to work together? Contact the Careers and Industry team at firstname.lastname@example.org